JIM O’CONNELL, LabourHealth
Jim manages compliance and brand recognition for LabourHealth and delivers WHS (Australia) and HSWA (New Zealand) consulting services direct to market.
Jim brings 25 years Operational Warehousing & Distribution Experience. (FMCG, Manufacturing, Perishables, Road Transport and Dangerous Goods) which is further enhanced by having owned and operated a private workplace health and safety consulting business that predominantly serviced the Supply Chain, On Hire Labour and Retail industries.
He applies this depth of experience to achieve real and tangible outcomes for Workplace Safety, Return to Work / Injury Management and just as importantly, Business Compliance.
Jim is not flash or brash, he’s not a grand master of a single given discipline, he is a practical, knowledgeable and learned type that understands that if you advise with correct information, provide the best tools and are prepared to get your hands dirty to change or evolve a culture, everyone achieves the required outcomes.
We will discuss the challenges faced by recruitment agencies regarding;
- a) Assessing if a prospective client is appropriate and ready to receive and then ensure the safety and welfare of your placements.
- b) Selection and health screening to place the right candidates first time.
- c) Maintaining valid and ongoing consultation for worker safety and business compliance.
- d) How to deal with injured workers and the regulations (nee problems) that occur.
- e) What Health services can reduce financial exposure and lessen the impact of workers compensation costs.
- f) How compliant safety management systems can improve processes, enable demonstration of compliance and reduce overall costs.